2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange

We are pleased to announce Teach Preschool’s fourth annual  fall postcard exchange.  Over the last four years, Deborah has learned many things about organizing a postcard exchange.  Each year, she tweaks the format just a little to make it run a little more smoothly.  Last year, I had the pleasure of helping her organize the exchange and I can honestly say it is a WHOLE LOTTA work!  But I think we may have finally figured out the secret to making the postcard exchange much more manageable for us, while also allowing our participants a bit more ownership.

2013 Postcard Exchange

This year, we will be using a new private Facebook group exclusively for all communication and address exchanges.  You must be a member of this Facebook group to participate in this year’s postcard exchange.  You will be asked to enter your email below so that we may send you an invitation to join the 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange group.  All communication after that will be through the group, rather than by email.

2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange

2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange

The following are the details for the 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange…

Date: Week of September 15th, 2013 through the week of December 1st, 2013

Number of post cards : The groups will consist of 12 members, with at least 2 members from outside the U.S.   You will need to plan to mail at least 1 postcard per week over an 11 week period of time.  Keep in mind that international postage costs a bit extra (about $1-2 per postcard).

Who may join: The fall postcard exchange is open to any preschool age (ages 3 to 5) classroom or homeschool group of children. What should you send: Any type of postcard is acceptable.

What should you include on your postcard: A little bit about your class and the state or country your post card is from.

How do you sign up: To sign up for the 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange please click on the link below to enter your email address and Facebook user name.  An invitation to join the Facebook group will be sent to the email address you enter.  Please be sure to check your spam or junk folder, as well.  Addresses will be exchanged among members in the private, invitation only Facebook page.  Further details and instructions will be posted on the 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange Facebook group page.  If you are viewing this post through an email, you will need to click on the title 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange at the top of the post.  It will take you to the actual blog post where you will be able to input your information.

To participate in the 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange please fill out the form below to enter your email address and Facebook username:

The 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard exchanged is now CLOSED.

UPDATE:  If you have returned to this blog post because you have not yet received an email invitation to join the Facebook group, then you may need to re-enter your email address and Facebook user name.  I noticed several incomplete email address and had a few get bumped back to me.  I’ve also had one or two school district emails get bumped back, possibly because of spam filters.  You can always contact me at teachpreschool.org@gmail.com to try to resolve these issues.

The deadline to submit your email for the 2013 Teach Preschool Postcard Exchange is Sunday, September 8, 2013!  You will have until Friday, September 13th to join the Facebook group.  No new members will be accepted after September 13th.

If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and we will answer it here for everyone to read.  Thank you!

Comments

1. Laura Farcinsen says

I would like to know if me and my daughter (who is 4) could join the postcard exchange, or if it is just for groups of children??

Laura Farcinsen, Denmark

2. Donna says

My preschool class thoroughly enjoyed the postcard exchange last year. I do not have a Facebook page and would prefer not to have an account. Is there any other way I could participate in the exchange? just asking…I can understand how Facebook can make the exchange more mangeable and efficient; realizing how valuable a teacher’s time is. Thanks :)

3. Belinda says

I love this idea! I am not real familiar with using facebook, but I do have a page there. I think this a great activity for the children to be involved with.
    Thank you.

4. Kim Wanamaker says

Very interested in the post card exchange, but I have a question…..do you want me to use my daycare’s page facebook address or my personal facebook page?

Kim

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. says

In order to join the group, you will have to join as yourself (profile name) as a Facebook page can’t join a Facebook Group (at least I don’t think it can :) If you join and wish to change, just let Courtney know when she sends you an email.

5. Julie says

I was wondering if you would let our group be a part of this even though we aren’t a preschool or homeschool. I am the leader of a kinder American Heritage Girls group and I am sure they would love to join in.

Thanks,
    Julie

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. says

Yes, of course! Feel free to join us! We have all kinds of groups and homeschool folks joining in!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. says

Hi Kathy,
      Mrs. Courtney will send you an email and try to help you get started but yes, we want you to join us! Watch for your email to come tomorrow or Monday!
      Deborah

6. Joanne says

Hello Deborah,

I was hoping t join theist card exchange and thought I had until today to sign up. Sadly, your blog says registration is now closed. If there is any chance that I might still be able to join, I’d really like to add our class to the list.

I teach in the small town of Canmore, Alberta, Canada which is nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains- we’d promise to send some pretty fabulous post cards!

No worries if it doesn’t work out. Just thought we’d try.

Joanne Indovina-Duncan
    Our Lady of the Snows
    Pre-K

7. Tina Weaver says

Can my preschool join the postcard exchange, just saw the information about it for the first time. Hoping to be able to be a part of such a great program.
    Ms. Tina

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. says

Hi Tina,
      I will send your request over to my assistant and if there is room, I am sure she will be glad to let you join us. Look for an email from her soon.

8. Reba Morris says

My facebook is under Reba[Butler] Morris. I am looking forward to being part of the Postcard Exchange.

9. Paula says

I run a small family childcare and we wanted to join in on the postcard exchange but we missed the dead line due to back to school and my personal trip to Mt Washington to hike. Is there any way we could still particapate please. I only have one preschooler at this time and he would love getting the mail.