We are exploring the Five Senses of Christmas. Christmas time (or the winter holidays in general) are filled with sensory experiences and it is a wonderful time to explore the five senses. I will share several new posts this next week about our Five Senses of Christmas unit…
Today, I want to share these fun little candy cane tubes I made for the kids to explore their sense of sight…
These are those candy filled plastic candy cane shaped tubes that you can buy just about in any store you walk into. It is a good excuse to buy yourself some candy but be sure to save the tubes…
I filled the tubes with a variety of materials….
- Baby oil and a small amount of colored water
- Tiny, colorful holiday trinkets and beads
- Water, glitter, and small amount of Glycerine
- Add the empty tubes to your water table
- Fill the empty tubes with colored sand (red and white) for a beautiful ornament to take home
- Make the tubes into an I-Spy game
- Fill the tubes with bells, beans, and other items that make different sounds….