Teach Preschool in the news: Promoting prewriting skills

by Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. on September 22, 2011

in Media, Promoting prewriting skills

Yesterday I shared with you all about how we use Styrofoam trays as simple paint and write boards. If you would like to see an example of this or other tools that can be used to promote prewriting skills, take a look at my latest news segment on Fox 59 Morning News. I will share the video below or if you are reading this by email or a news feed, you can click on this link to view the video on the Fox website.

Links to Grow On…

Bright and Colorful Sensory Bags for Preschool(Gel Writing Bags as seen in the video above).

Paint and Write Boards

Digging Up The Letters of our Name in Preschool

The Tools we write with in preschool

A bundle of fun with crayons!

-Teach Preschool on Instagram
-Deborah Stewart on Google+

1 Little Wonders' Days September 23, 2011 at 8:22 am

Thank you for sharing! I love all your great ideas and find them so helpful.

2 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. September 23, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Thank you for all your support and kind comments – I always appreciate them:)

3 Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree September 23, 2011 at 9:06 am

Love to see you on TV! You are Awesome Deborah! My daughter was watching this video too and wants to try all your ideas! She likes them all! We are working on writing now so this perfect! Thanks!

4 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. September 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Haha – well your daughter knows a good thing when she sees it:)

5 andiejaye September 23, 2011 at 2:27 pm

what an awesome opportunity to regularly share your knowledge with parents in your community. especially for those with limited early learning knowledge! we need to make some of those gel bags soon!

6 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. September 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Thank you – I am enjoying the opportunity as well!

7 Cathy@pre-schoolplay September 23, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I love all your ideas, we have already started on our gel bags:)

8 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. September 23, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I think I will let the children make some more that they can take home!

9 Rachele @ Messy Kids September 24, 2011 at 1:55 pm

I’ve been thinking back to when I taught preschool and some of the ideas used for prewriting. Thanks for reminding me and showing me some new ones. I can’t wait to try them with my son!

10 Becky October 25, 2011 at 9:38 am

Thank you for posting these! I am a curriculum director at a children’s playspace in Massachusetts and I work mainly with children 2-4. We do storytime each day and I’m always looking for easy, fun, innovative literacy/writing activities. Please post more ideas when they arise!! Thank you again!

11 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. October 25, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I sure will Becky – glad to have you stop by here:)

{ 4 trackbacks }