Some names are long and some are short. Play this little concentration game to help your preschoolers recognize their own name and the names of their classmates.
- Print each child’s name (upper and lower case) on a two separate sentence strips.
- Cut one name apart leaving one letter of each child’s name on a card.
- Mix all the letter cards of each child’s name that is participating.
- Turn all the letter cards over in the center of the table.
- Have the children place their name card in front of them.
- Each child takes a turn drawing a card.
- If the card they turn over is a letter in his or her name then they keep the card and put it on or under their name card.
- Keep playing until everyone has found the letters in their name.