Teach Preschool presents a workshop in Dothan Alabama

Teach Preschool presents a workshop in Dothan Alabama

I spent a wonderful two days in beautiful Dothan, Alabama this weekend. The weather was great, the people were amazing, and I had such a great time sharing and talking with the teachers at the workshop Hosted by the Family Guidance Center of Dothan, Alabama

The amazing facility for the conference was provided by the wonderful folks over at Wallace Community College. The faculty of Wallace College and the staff over at the Family Guidance Center all pitched in to help with setting up and running of the large demonstration tables which were located out in the main entry way…

We had tables all around the room set up with a variety of math, art, writing, sensory, DIY, and science activities for the teachers to check out and enjoy their own opportunity for some “hands on” exploration…

There was much to be done in preparation for the workshop and I want to give a big shout out of thanks to all the folks in Alabama who did such a great job organizing and hosting this special workshop…

I also want to thank the teachers for all their positive feedback and great participation during the workshop. I discovered we have some great dancers and singers over there in Dothan!

The next workshop I will be presenting is in March right here in Indiana and is sponsored by the Indianapolis Area Chapter of the Indiana AEYC!

Thanks again to all the folks in Dothan! I love my Alabama T-Shirt!

• Janice @ learning4kids Posted January 29, 2012 7:48 am

Wow, wow, wow!! What an amazing workshop!! I would loved to have attended this but one little problem – I am all the way over is Australia 🙂 Congrats Deb, you are amazing! 🙂 xx

• Mara Posted January 29, 2012 7:51 am

Love your blog and this conference looks like one I would have really enjoy!! I did notice in one picture, the bag of M&Ms…as the mother of a son with a severe peanut allergy {M&Ms are not safe for people who are allergic to peanuts}, I might suggest trying that same activity with Skittles or having a note out at your next conference suggesting alternatives for teachers with food allergy kiddos. You may already know all of that but in case you didn’t, I couldn’t help but share! Thank you for all of your blogging, I know it takes lots of time and effort and that doesn’t go forgotten. Bless you!

• Debbie Clement Posted January 29, 2012 10:53 am

Deborah, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!! What an amazing amount of effort to create such a positive learning experience — at a ‘distance’ from home. I stand in awe and tip my hat!!!!

Thanks for sharing all of the resources of the cyber-world with your audience as well. I know that was a portion of their learning experience.

Debbie

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted January 29, 2012 11:03 am

Thank you for that reminder! I have children in my own class with peanut allergies and we do want to be careful!

• Leeanne A Posted January 29, 2012 2:57 pm

My goal would be to come and see you at a conference one day – Happy Birthday!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted January 29, 2012 11:10 pm

I would love to have you come and so we can meet up!!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted January 30, 2012 10:05 am

Thank you for the Birthday Greetings Debbie:)

• Esther Posted January 30, 2012 10:30 pm

You are such an inspiring person! I just love all your ideas and the effort you put in is marvelous! and I too like your Alabama T-shirt:-)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted January 31, 2012 12:38 am

• Pamela Courtney Posted January 31, 2012 5:24 pm

Boy do I wish this could be on video!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted January 31, 2012 6:00 pm

Haha – well perhaps someday I can do that Pamela!

• Km Posted February 3, 2012 11:22 pm

Deborah you are awesome and I hope all the love, guidance, support and wisdom that you so freely share with others comes back to you x a million! That looks like one incredible workshop!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted February 4, 2012 11:02 am

It was so much fun and rewarding for me too!