Teach Preschool in the news: Promoting prewriting skills

Teach Preschool in the news: Promoting prewriting skills

Yesterday I shared with you all about how we use Styrofoam trays as simple paint and write boards. If you would like to see an example of this or other tools that can be used to promote prewriting skills, take a look at my latest news segment on Fox 59 Morning News. I will share the video below or if you are reading this by email or a news feed, you can click on this link to view the video on the Fox website.

Links to Grow On…

Bright and Colorful Sensory Bags for Preschool(Gel Writing Bags as seen in the video above).

Paint and Write Boards

Digging Up The Letters of our Name in Preschool

The Tools we write with in preschool

A bundle of fun with crayons!

• Little Wonders’ Days Posted September 23, 2011 8:22 am

Thank you for sharing! I love all your great ideas and find them so helpful.

• Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree Posted September 23, 2011 9:06 am

Love to see you on TV! You are Awesome Deborah! My daughter was watching this video too and wants to try all your ideas! She likes them all! We are working on writing now so this perfect! Thanks!

• andiejaye Posted September 23, 2011 2:27 pm

what an awesome opportunity to regularly share your knowledge with parents in your community. especially for those with limited early learning knowledge! we need to make some of those gel bags soon!

• Cathy@pre-schoolplay Posted September 23, 2011 3:50 pm

I love all your ideas, we have already started on our gel bags:)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted September 23, 2011 9:30 pm

I think I will let the children make some more that they can take home!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted September 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Thank you – I am enjoying the opportunity as well!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted September 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Haha – well your daughter knows a good thing when she sees it:)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted September 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Thank you for all your support and kind comments – I always appreciate them:)

• Rachele @ Messy Kids Posted September 24, 2011 1:55 pm

I’ve been thinking back to when I taught preschool and some of the ideas used for prewriting. Thanks for reminding me and showing me some new ones. I can’t wait to try them with my son!

• Becky Posted October 25, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you for posting these! I am a curriculum director at a children’s playspace in Massachusetts and I work mainly with children 2-4. We do storytime each day and I’m always looking for easy, fun, innovative literacy/writing activities. Please post more ideas when they arise!! Thank you again!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted October 25, 2011 3:48 pm

I sure will Becky – glad to have you stop by here:)