Summer bucket list for a toddler

Summer bucket list for a toddler

My niece sent me over her summer bucket list of things she plans to do with her daughter Clara. What is a summer bucket list? It is a list of ideas that a parent puts together of activities the parent plans to do with his or her child over the summer…

As you can see from the photo, Clara is going to be busy over the summer! Clara’s summer bucket list actually turned into more of a summer bucket of goodies…

According to Clara’s mom – Clara’s summer fun bucket includes…

Big Crayons

Magazines

News Papers

Watercolors

Plastic hammer/tool set

Wood Blocks

Plastic Bowling sets

Plastic Balls (to go in the pool on rainy days)

Bubbles

Lots and Lots of books

Included in the box is a binder of developmental milestones and activities printed from various sites[ American Academy of Pediatrics book “The Wonder Years”, and a Baby Sign Language Book.  A binder is also included for the babysitter. The binder includes Clara’s schedule, some reminders (wear sunscreen, watch around water, no peanut-butter yet, etc. and “permission” to try new things.

Clara’s mom put this summer bucket of activities together for her baby sitter to use as well. Although this summer fun bucket is ready to go, it won’t be all that Clara will be doing this summer. She will also be taking little trips like this recent trip to the zoo…

And playing outside in the yard…

And playing in the water table…

It looks like a busy and fun summer for Clara!

See more ideas for creating a Summer Bucket List from Little Wonders’ Days!

• JDaniel4’s Mom Posted June 1, 2011 6:45 am

She is one lucky girl. It looks like she will be busy this summer.

• Centers and Circle Time Posted June 1, 2011 7:12 am

Awww, Happy Summer Clara! My family makes a similar list before summer. First, I check out the places that will be free, like library programs. Then, I check the places that offer discounts, like $1 movie theaters and discount night at the roller skating ring (remember roller skating?). And last, we create some things we’d like to try at home, like a new recipes, craft ideas, and projects. Happy Summer!

• Jeremy Posted June 1, 2011 7:44 am

Looks like fun! But I always thought a bucket list was things you wanted to do before kicking the bucket.

• Scott Posted June 1, 2011 8:55 am

I like this idea – a list of things to use before summer is over. Looks like a lot of fun.

• Beth Butler Posted June 1, 2011 9:38 am

This is such a lovely post! To think that a toddler has a ‘Bucket List’ is simply priceless.

• mike k Posted June 1, 2011 4:53 pm

This is a wonderful site and I would like to add it to one I just started if you approve
    I have put together a daily blog intended to be used as an additional study tool for you and your child. History, math, science, vocabulary, and geography are given every day many with a link to the document to study. I also have researched sources that I hope may be helpful to you as an aide for your child. The site is actually very child friendly in terms of use.
    I ask you to visit it and see what it has to offer. The first post “The Furniture of the Human Mind” will explain the site and hopefully you will look around.

• Kelly, Little Wonders’ Days Posted June 1, 2011 8:24 pm

It looks like little Clara is going to have a wonderful and fun summer! Thanks for the link too.

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 8:56 pm

No doubt she that is not going to get bored:)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 8:57 pm

Great ideas for a summer bucket list Centers! I love the idea of trying new recipes – leads to great math and science opportunities!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 8:57 pm

Haha – Not in this case:)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 8:57 pm

I agree!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 8:58 pm

I loved it when my niece shared it with me. I thought – this is a great idea!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 8:59 pm

You are welcome Kelly – your bucket list is wonderful so it was a pleasure to share it with others!

• Kate from An Amazing Child Posted June 2, 2011 9:19 am

I really like the idea of a summer bucket list. I usually write a list of things I would like to do for the week or concepts I would like to introduce but the idea of a whole summers worth is great.

• Nikki Bee Posted June 3, 2011 7:46 pm

I think it is great but is there a charge for this stuff or can I go out & buy it on my own. Could you email me a list of things to buy?

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 4, 2011 1:32 am

Hi Nikki,
    What I recommend is that you review the list shared on the blog post above and then choose items that are in your budget and that you and your child will enjoy trying out over the summer. You can add anything to your child’s bucket. Bubbles, fingerpaint, crayons, books, and more! A fun bucket or a bucket list is something that is made up and each person’s fun bucket will be unique.

• Darcey Posted June 5, 2011 5:36 pm

Clara is a lucky girl! I’m sure her summer will be lots of fun! These are all great ideas for any toddler. I’ve linked up to your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/06/weekly-favorites-for-june-5-2011.html

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 6, 2011 12:32 am

Thank you for the link-up! You are always so generous!

• Cat Posted August 11, 2011 2:56 am

wow, this is incredible!! Lucky little lady!!
    Makes me sad summer is over for us…maybe I can start planning a Bucket List for next year!!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted August 11, 2011 10:13 am

Sure – get a little head start on things:)