Father’s day gift idea for preschoolers

Father’s day gift idea for preschoolers

Last year, the children at preschool made this cute little Father’s Day gift.  I want to say, before you read on, that I know the spelling of “Duct Tape” is incorrect on the gifts but for some reason, it wasn’t noticed until after the projects were all done! LOL!

I still thought it was such a cute idea to share anyway – only you might want to correct the spelling:) …

To make this you need a picture frame, duct tape (there all colors of duct tape out there now) and a piece of paper with the words “Duct tape and dad keep this family together.”

Simply cover the frame with duct tape, and add a duct tape “X” in the center of the paper…

I think this is super cute!

Here are a few more Father’s Day links you can check out…

Father’s Day Gift Ideas from Family Frugal Blog

Manly Decoupage from No Time for Flashcards

Craft Stick Photo from Impress Your Kids

Father’s Day Hand and Footprint gift ideas for dad from Handprint and Footprint Art

Father’s Day Tie from I Love Naptime

Kid’s Bolo Tie for Dads From Almost Unschoolers

Ten Ideas for Father’s Day from Memetales

• Jillian Posted May 19, 2011 11:38 pm

THIS IS PERFECT!!!! We were once on a camping trip and my Hubs actually duct taped the roof of a trailer back on so the drive could arrive home safely to fix it. When he got in the car I said “We were camping. . .why do you have duct tape.” His response was “I brought two rolls, you never leave home without duct tape!”

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted May 19, 2011 11:45 pm

Haha – it is perfect! I love it!

• Tomi Anne Lessaris Posted May 20, 2011 7:27 am

There actually is a brand called Duck Tape if you want to defend yourself! This is a very cute idea. Thanks for sharing it!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted May 20, 2011 7:33 am

LOL – Thank you. I didn’t know that there was!

• La-La’s Home Daycare Posted May 20, 2011 11:51 am

Deborah, guess what? There really is “Duck” tape! HeHe! I laughed the first time I saw it. So the dads probably never thought anything of it!

Lori

• La-La’s Home Daycare Posted May 20, 2011 11:52 am

oops! i didn’t see this. 🙂

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted May 20, 2011 5:32 pm

That is so funny – I had no idea that there was such a thing. I just assumed we had mispelled the word! Now I don’t feel so bad:)

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted May 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Haha – I love all your comments:)

• amber Posted May 29, 2011 3:00 pm

I like it is a duck tape seems more kid like =)

• Vanessa @Pre-K Pages Posted May 29, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks for sharing such great ideas Deb! I think the picture frame is super cute regardless of the spelling 🙂 I have two new Father’s Day posts coming up this week so stay tuned.
    Cheers!
    Vanessa

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

I look forward to seeing the ideas Vanessa!

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted May 29, 2011 8:09 pm

It does – doesn’t it?

• oh amanda Posted June 1, 2011 3:31 pm

I love THIS. I’m totally making it for my dad from the kids.

And thanks for linking to my photo puzzle! 🙂

• Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. Posted June 1, 2011 9:00 pm