The block center came tumbling down

The block center came tumbling down

When I came into observe clean-up time, I happen to notice that the block center looked like this.. Oh my!

But when I pulled out my camera to take a picture of the tumbling blocks, one little boy decided he wanted in on the action.

So he began to stack the blocks.

And then this little girl decided that this looked like fun too…

And then another little girl joined in…

And before long, we had a team of block stackers at work – I mean at play!

Stacking blocks is always much more fun when we do it together with our friends.

And when Mrs. Stewart comes in with a camera – you would be surprised at what we can accomplish all by ourselves!

Preschool Song: Stack the Blocks

Tune: The Ants Go Marching In

We stack the blocks one-by-one

Hurrah! Hurrah!

We stack the blocks one-by-one

Hurrah! Hurrah!

We stack the blocks one-by-one

We are having so much fun

Then they all go tumbling down – to the ground

Boom, Boom, Boom!

Repeat and change verses to two-by-two, three-by-three and so on…

See more ideas about play!

We Play

• amandab Posted July 21, 2010 7:29 am

Would they have done it without the camera? 🙂

I love how one starts, and then the others join in, precious!

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 21, 2010 8:25 am

I think the camera was definitely a motivating factor for the first child on this particular day! After that, the other children were joining in because everyone seemed to be having fun.

• Jackie Posted July 21, 2010 2:20 pm

LOVE the song! My 2 yo will do ANYTHING if there is a song involved!

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 21, 2010 5:12 pm

I realize the rhyming doesn’t work on the other numbers so you can just sing the first verse over and over again and keep knocking down the blocks:)

• Rosana Posted July 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Deborah thanks for sharing the pdf form about oranges….I´ll use with my students.
    kisses from Brazil
    Rosana

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 21, 2010 5:48 pm

You are welcome Rosana:)

• joyce:waddleeahchaa.com Posted July 22, 2010 11:23 pm

The camera does work every time. Now with digital cameras the children just want to see themselves on the screen. I do prefer to sing my way through the day to get my children to do almost anything.

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 22, 2010 11:24 pm

Me too! I always love singing through my day:)

• Christie – Childhood 101 Posted July 26, 2010 7:30 am

Singing definitely makes the work go faster, as does a friend or two to share the load with 🙂

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 26, 2010 9:36 am