Preschool Ideas for 4th of July

Preschool Ideas for 4th of July

Hello friends! There are so many wonderful bloggers out there sharing terrific ideas. I often share the ideas on Facebook but find that after a few days go by, it is difficult for my friends on Teach Preschool Facebook to find them again. So I am trying to collect some of these awesome links in a thematic approach as I go along so the links are more easy to find.

Today’s theme is Fourth of July. Thank you to all of you bloggers that share these amazing ideas!

Deborah

4th of July Pipe Cleaner Sparklers

Makes and Takes

Construction Paper Flag

No Time for Flashcards

Paper Plate Simple Flag

Toddler Approved!

Rice, Play dough, and Flag ideas!

No Time for Flash Cards

Toddler Approved!

Available on Amazon

• meghan Posted June 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Such great ideas.
    I will be home w/ my sick preschooler tomorrow, think we will do some of these.

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted June 24, 2010 12:01 am

I hope your little one feels better soon!

• Sarah Posted June 23, 2010 9:20 pm

What can I do with infants?

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted June 24, 2010 12:01 am

Hi Sarah,
      Here are a few ideas…

1. Fourth of July provides great opportunity for exploring colors (red, white, and blue). Tie a set of red, white, and blue ribbons together for the babies to look at, shake, and feel as you play some fun marching music.

2. Paint little white hand prints on red and blue construction paper.

3. Emphasize words like “pop” for fireworks. Recite the fingerplay below..

Five little fire crackers sitting on the ground,
      One went “POP! (clap your hands)
      And then blew out.

Repeat for four, three, two, and one!

4. Play some marching music and hold the infants hands – encourage the infant to bounce up and down to the marching rhythm.

I hope this “sparks” some ideas for you:)

• Planetpals Posted June 24, 2010 7:57 am

Deb these are great! and oh so simple.
    🙂

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted June 24, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks Judith!

• Vanessa Posted June 30, 2010 2:25 am

Hi Deborah,
    I’m not sure where you had the page to add any 4th of July activities.. but here is the one we did. It was so much fun to see the children wave their individuals flags around as we marched in our own parade.

-Vanessa

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 7, 2010 12:19 am

Thank you Vanessa – I have booked marked it for future reference!

• Michelle Lee Posted July 1, 2010 2:42 am

Thanks for all your great ideas! I am constantly learning new things from you, even as a former kindergarten teacher! Keep up the great work:)

• Deborah J. Stewart Posted July 7, 2010 12:19 am

Thank you Michelle – it is so nice to have you join me here!