Today, I am joining my fellow bloggers for a new series titled “Just Playing?” In order for this idea to work, it will need a little help from you all so I hope you jump on in and have fun…
The Goal of “Just Playing?”
Play is a critical part of early learning and yet it is easy to overlook the complex learning that is taking place and dismiss child’s play as nothing but “just play.” This exercise is to help each of us build and strengthen our skills in observing, reflecting, and recognizing the value of children’s play in the process of learning and developing important new skills.
How to play
- Look closely at the photo below and read the title on the photo (which is the only hint you get).
- Then answer one (or all) of the questions below the photo.
- Come back next Thursday to read the entire post about this play experience.
- Observations: What do you see? What is happening?
- Outcomes: What kind of learning is taking place? What skills are being practiced or developed?
Thank you so much for your participation. I look forward to reading your thoughts in the comments below! Be sure to check out the blog hop just below to see what my fellow bloggers are sharing for this week’s edition of “Just Playing?’