This is a beautiful box that we haven’t even begun to tap into all the potential uses in our classroom but I don’t want to delay this post any longer….
You can place anything you want inside each compartment and then invite the children to explore the compartments, play a memory game, sort objects, or use the discovery box simply as a way to invite the children to collect and explore items they are interested in…
We found that a good place to start was to just give the children a chance to put items in and out of the compartments. This served as a wonderful way to work those fine motor skills…
After using the box for a few days, we introduced the memory game concept to the children. Some of our students preferred playing the memory game on their own rather than with a partner…
And some of our students enjoyed playing the memory game with a friend but without too many rules – just working together to find the matching objects…
The memory builder discovery box provides a fascinating way to present and explore small objects. You can really set out almost any small object with the memory box or invite your students to choose what they would like to explore with the memory box…
From natural objects like rocks, acorns, seeds, and pinecones to other items around the classroom like buttons, pompoms, cars, and other small objects – the list of objects to explore or play games with is wonderfully broad and truly endless…
I look forward to finding more ways my students can use this box and I am willing to bet you all will even come up with even more ideas I never even thought of!
Enter to Win
If you would like to enter to win the Memory Builder Discovery Box for your home or classroom, simply follow the directions below…
To enter the give-away…
- Click on this link to the Discount School Supply website and browse the site a bit then come back here to leave a comment on this blog post telling me at least one product that you would love to learn more about or have in your home or classroom.
- Enter a correct and current email address when you enter your comment so that I can notify you if you win.
- If you are viewing this post by email click here to come to the blog and leave your entry.
- This giveaway will be closed on Monday, November 19th, 2012 by 10pm EST.
- The winner will be announced back here on my blog on Tuesday, November 20th, 2012.
- The winner of the giveaway will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond to my email so I can then forward the winners name, email, and address to my contact at Discount School Supply.
- If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
- One winner will be chosen from the comment section below by Random Generator.
- This give-away is open to the folks in the US.
ENTRIES FOR THIS GIVEAWAY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL or COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK! YOU MUST COME TO THE BLOG TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!
Thank You for your Participation!
Disclosure: I received The Memory Builder Discovery Box to review and provide this give-away. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions are 100% my own.
Check out Deborah's new book and order your copy today!
-Teach Preschool on Pinterest
-Teach Preschool on Facebook
-Teach Preschool on Twitter
-Deborah Stewart on Google+ or Teach Preschool G+ Page or Teach Preschool G+ Group
Subscribe to receive the latest Teach Preschool blog posts by email...
Disclosure: Teach Preschool is a participating member in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program