I like to provide an organized phonics program to my students throughout the school year as well as natural opportunities for introducing and exploring the sounds of letters. Last year, for our organized phonics program, I implemented the simple but super fun program called The Amazing Action Alphabet ….
The Amazing Action Alphabet flip chart comes with a CD of songs to sing-along with each letter of the alphabet. The songs are lively and fun but I must confess to you that we did not use the CD along with the chart as suggested. Instead, we played the CD during our center time for the children to listen and sing along with while they played…
For each Letter that is Introduced in the Alphabet Action Flip Chart, there is a specific sound and motion the children are to make. The sound is the sound of the letter and the motion is a physical reinforcer of that letter sound. For example, for the letter C the children held out their hands and moved their fingers to “c, c, cut!”…
Because we are a mixed age group class of children ranging from ages 3 to Pre-K, we needed to keep our phonics program short and active so everyone enjoyed the experience. On Pre-K day only, we would quickly review all the letters with the children and they amazed me at how they easily remembered every sound and every action…
We gradually worked our way through all the letters throughout the school year and even did a very quick run-through of all the letter sounds and actions for our parents on graduation day…
We will certainly be using The Amazing Action Alphabet flip chart and CD again this next year in my classroom!
Enter to Win
If you would like to enter to win The Amazing Action Alphabet CD and Flip Chart from The See Hear Do Company for your home or classroom, simply follow the directions below…
To enter the give-away…
- Go to the The Amazing Action Alphabet website then come back here and leave a comment on this blog post telling me something you read, saw, or heard about this phonic’s program while there.
- Enter a correct and current email address when you enter your comment so that I can notify you if you win.
- This giveaway will be closed on Monday, August 6th, 2012 by 10pm EST.
- The winner will be announced back here on my blog on Tuesday, August 7th, 2012.
- The winner of the giveaway will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond to my email so I can then forward the winners name, email, and address to The See Hear Do Company.
- If the winner does not respond 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen…
- The See Hear Do Company will contact the winner by email to make arrangements for mailing the Flip Chart and CD to the winner.
- This give-away is only open to only those who live in the US.
- One winner will be chosen from the comment section below by Random Generator.
ENTRIES FOR THIS GIVEAWAY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL or COMMENTS ON FACEBOOK! YOU MUST COME TO THE BLOG TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!
Thank You for your Participation!
Disclosure: I received The Amazing Action Alphabet flip chart and CD to review and provide this give-away. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions are 100% my own.
Available on Amazon
This article is being shared with you by Deborah Stewart of Teach Preschool - Promoting excellence in early childhood education at home and in the preschool classroom!
Check out Deborah's new book and order your copy today!
-Teach Preschool on Pinterest
-Teach Preschool on Facebook
-Teach Preschool on Twitter
-Deborah Stewart on Google+ or Teach Preschool G+ Page or Teach Preschool G+ Group
Subscribe to receive the latest Teach Preschool blog posts by email...
Disclosure: Teach Preschool is a participating member in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program