Do you ever take a break?

by Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. on August 12, 2011

in Messages from Deborah

Someone asked me recently if I ever take a break. All I can say is, “it has been awhile” – so….

Can you believe it? I am going to take a few days off from writing any new blog posts so I can rest for just a few days before the start of the new year at preschool. I say that and then I find something new and exciting to share and just can’t wait to get back online and write another post. But really, I am going to try and take a few days off.

I will share ideas from some of my older posts and from other blogs over at Teach Preschool on Facebook but no new blog posts here for just a few days.

I will check and respond to comments regarding the postcard exchange since this is a time sensitive project.  And don’t worry, I will be working to get this organized for us as scheduled.

Thank you so much for your support of Teach Preschool – I can’t tell you how much it means to me to have the opportunity to share with you.

In the meantime, if you have a topic or something that you would like for me to write about over this next school year, leave me a comment below. Also – I would love to hear what your favorite post on Teach Preschool has been this year. I want to learn from you!

See you in a few days…

Deborah

-Teach Preschool on Instagram
-Deborah Stewart on Google+

1 Holly August 12, 2011 at 12:46 am

First of all – enjoy your break!

Second, I’d love to read about beginning-of-the-year suggestions for pre-k. Especially something like a first day of school schedule. Thanks so much! :)

2 Kristin Rittiman August 12, 2011 at 4:07 am

Enjoy every minute of your break; you sure deserve it!

You are an inspiration each and every day, but what we have enjoyed most this year was the recent sneak peak inside your studio. All of your hands on and sensory areas, inspired exciting new change in our learning wonderland! We have been working hard these last few days, organizing and decorating, and will post pics for you to see soon.

Thank you so much for all you do and enjoy your very well deserved break!

3 Pam August 12, 2011 at 7:22 am

You definitely deserve it! Enjoy your time off!

4 wordplayhouse™ August 12, 2011 at 8:42 am

Wishes for a restful break and an easy transition into the new preschool year.

5 Vicki Blacken August 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm

So glad to hear that you’re taking a well-deserved break to get some rest and relaxation before the busy preschool year begins! My favorite posts are the DIY projects you bravely take on to save on the budget, (handmade light tables, making discs for it, handmade felt boards, tabletop easels, etc.) I do the same anytime I can. In future, I would love to hear your comments about when children choose to play alone, how you step in or redirect difficult social situations between children, how you offer parent education in your program, (specifically, how to get good attendance at evening parent meetings), more “back to school” tools you use to help start and maintain the school-home connection, and facilitate good communication and partnership. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas.

6 Maria August 14, 2011 at 10:42 am

I’m a bit like you… bt we have to try and rest for some time, because de new year is coming, and we need some time out. Have a good rest!

7 Leeanne A August 15, 2011 at 8:33 am
8 Leeanne A August 15, 2011 at 8:36 am

I have no idea how my comments for your giveaway ended up here – woops sorry ! I will put it where it should be! LOL

9 Lisa Scarbrough August 15, 2011 at 8:37 am

I would love this item for encouraging pretend play and representing other cultures in the class.

10 Little Wonders' Days August 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I hope you’re having or had a lovely break. Blogging can be another job for sure. I certainly enjoy reading your posts and think you cover a wide variety well.

11 Home School Coach August 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Good for you. I myself stopped writing five days a week just a short month ago. I had some withdrawals!! However, I have adjusted and now I use that extra time for family and other good things. : )

12 Melinda Riley August 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I am a new preschool and would LOVE to have this in my classroom. It is way out of our budget, but sooooooooooooo wanted. :)