September calendar for preschool parents

by Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. on July 28, 2011

in Parent Calendar September

I have been playing around with calendars and came up with this September parent calendar…

Click photo for pdf

I created this calendar to help build bridges between the classroom and home. This is a very basic set of ideas but it is a good place to start off a new school year!

-Teach Preschool on Instagram
-Deborah Stewart on Google+

1 Scott July 28, 2011 at 7:49 am

Great idea. Anything to connect home and school can only benefit the child. Your calendar has easy, doable ideas for busy parents.

2 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 8:56 am

Thank you Scott!

3 Carrie July 28, 2011 at 8:48 am

Love it! I like the focus on a specific area. We do something similar, but it’s broken up by learning domains instead.

4 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 8:56 am

I was going to break it up by learning domains – and I still may for the remaining months but for the first month, I decided to focus on getting off to a good start in school:)

5 Kelly Huddleson July 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

What program did you use to make it? Its perfect!

6 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 10:02 am

Microsoft Word:)

7 Stacy @ {share&remember.blogspot.com} July 28, 2011 at 10:59 am

Thanks for sharing this project with us. It really helps me to have this to share with my families / connecting with parents.

8 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Please share it or use it to help you!

9 Paula Robinson July 28, 2011 at 11:31 am

LOVE it – do you make one every month? Would love to share it with my parents! :)

10 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I will do my very best!

11 Ms. Jessi July 28, 2011 at 11:46 am

I LOVE THIS!!! I would love to steal your idea and put it along side with my lesson plans. I’m always trying to think of (or steal, in this case) great school/home connection ideas. :)

12 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 12:02 pm

It is my gift to you Jessi:)

13 Vicki Blacken July 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm

These are all terrific ideas for the parents to start right away “partnering up” in their child’s successful year in preschool. I’ve done something similar in the past, but I really like the calendar format, with weekly goals! I will definitely borrow some of your great suggestions for ways the parents can set a positive school routine of healthy eating and enough sleep the first month. Thanks so much.

14 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Thank you Vicki – I am sure that you can come up with other terrific ideas for a calendar. I will probably “tweak” mine a bit before September:)

15 April July 28, 2011 at 1:36 pm

I love your calendar, I like how the ideas are simple suggestions. That could be a starting point for some people. I think some parents just don’t know where to start and they feel intimidated :)

16 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Yes they do – communication always helps make things see so much easier or at least less daunting:)

17 Holly July 28, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Oh, this is fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing!

18 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 11:59 pm

You are welcome Holly!

19 Kimira July 28, 2011 at 10:21 pm

Hi Deborah

Thanks for sharing this. My daughter doesnt start school till Jan and I am saving it

20 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 11:58 pm

It would still work then too:)

21 Chandi Holliman July 28, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Love this. Sending your link to my familes. Joy to you! Chandi

22 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 28, 2011 at 11:58 pm

23 Kristin Rittiman July 29, 2011 at 3:48 am

Thank you so much for sharing!! I love this calendar and connecting home and school is so important. Our main goal is the connection, as well. We have a similar calendar for our preschoolers and homework bags for our prekinders. Will post soon. Thanks for always being such an inspiration!!

24 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 29, 2011 at 11:35 pm

I can’t wait to see yours too!

25 Jamie @ hands on : as we grow July 29, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Wonderful Deborah! Henry’s starting 3yo preschool this year and I feel like I need some guidance as the parent! There’s so much I have forgotten about :) Thanks for remembering the parents too!

26 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 29, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Ahhh, how fun! Henry’s preschool teacher will have a lot of work to do to keep up with your creativity!!!

27 Holly July 29, 2011 at 11:15 pm

I just sent you a blog award! I really love reading your posts! I’ve already gotten some amazing ideas from you that I’m sure to use in my pre-k classroom. :)

Blog On Fire Award

28 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. July 29, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Wow Holly – thank you so very much! I will hop over tonight!

29 Stephanie August 1, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Do you do a calendar like this for every month?

30 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 1, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I am planning on it! If I can keep myself organized and stay ahead.

31 Laura October 27, 2011 at 2:22 pm

My parent’s LOVED this calendar when I sent it home in September! I just finished conferences, and one of the parents asked me if I would be sending another one home for October. :-) I thought you might enjoy the positive feedback!

32 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. October 28, 2011 at 9:00 am

Ahhhh, you are a sweetheart for sharing some positive feedback. I had a teacher send me a copy of one she made for October and it was well done! I didn’t get one made for October so I need to get back on the ball!

{ 2 trackbacks }