Summer bucket list for a toddler

by Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. on June 1, 2011

in Summer Fun Bucket

My niece sent me over her summer bucket list of things she plans to do with her daughter Clara. What is a summer bucket list? It is a list of ideas that a parent puts together of activities the parent plans to do with his or her child over the summer…

As you can see from the photo, Clara is going to be busy over the summer! Clara’s summer bucket list actually turned into more of a summer bucket of goodies…

According to Clara’s mom – Clara’s summer fun bucket includes…

Big Crayons

Magazines

News Papers

Watercolors

Plastic hammer/tool set

Wood Blocks

Plastic Bowling sets

Plastic Balls (to go in the pool on rainy days)

Bubbles

Lots and Lots of books

Included in the box is a binder of developmental milestones and activities printed from various sites[ American Academy of Pediatrics book “The Wonder Years”, and a Baby Sign Language Book.  A binder is also included for the babysitter. The binder includes Clara’s schedule, some reminders (wear sunscreen, watch around water, no peanut-butter yet, etc. and “permission” to try new things.

Clara’s mom put this summer bucket of activities together for her baby sitter to use as well. Although this summer fun bucket is ready to go, it won’t be all that Clara will be doing this summer. She will also be taking little trips like this recent trip to the zoo…

And playing outside in the yard…

And playing in the water table…

It looks like a busy and fun summer for Clara!

See more ideas for creating a Summer Bucket List from Little Wonders’ Days!

-Teach Preschool on Instagram
-Deborah Stewart on Google+

1 JDaniel4's Mom June 1, 2011 at 6:45 am

She is one lucky girl. It looks like she will be busy this summer.

2 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 1, 2011 at 8:56 pm

No doubt she that is not going to get bored:)

3 Centers and Circle Time June 1, 2011 at 7:12 am

Awww, Happy Summer Clara! My family makes a similar list before summer. First, I check out the places that will be free, like library programs. Then, I check the places that offer discounts, like $1 movie theaters and discount night at the roller skating ring (remember roller skating?). And last, we create some things we’d like to try at home, like a new recipes, craft ideas, and projects. Happy Summer!

4 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Great ideas for a summer bucket list Centers! I love the idea of trying new recipes – leads to great math and science opportunities!

5 Jeremy June 1, 2011 at 7:44 am

Looks like fun! But I always thought a bucket list was things you wanted to do before kicking the bucket.

6 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Haha – Not in this case:)

7 Scott June 1, 2011 at 8:55 am

I like this idea – a list of things to use before summer is over. Looks like a lot of fun.

8 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I agree!

9 Beth Butler June 1, 2011 at 9:38 am

This is such a lovely post! To think that a toddler has a ‘Bucket List’ is simply priceless.

10 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 1, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I loved it when my niece shared it with me. I thought – this is a great idea!

11 mike k June 1, 2011 at 4:53 pm

This is a wonderful site and I would like to add it to one I just started if you approve
I have put together a daily blog intended to be used as an additional study tool for you and your child. History, math, science, vocabulary, and geography are given every day many with a link to the document to study. I also have researched sources that I hope may be helpful to you as an aide for your child. The site is actually very child friendly in terms of use.
I ask you to visit it and see what it has to offer. The first post “The Furniture of the Human Mind” will explain the site and hopefully you will look around.

12 Kelly, Little Wonders' Days June 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm

It looks like little Clara is going to have a wonderful and fun summer! Thanks for the link too.

13 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm

You are welcome Kelly – your bucket list is wonderful so it was a pleasure to share it with others!

14 Kate from An Amazing Child June 2, 2011 at 9:19 am

I really like the idea of a summer bucket list. I usually write a list of things I would like to do for the week or concepts I would like to introduce but the idea of a whole summers worth is great.

15 Nikki Bee June 3, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I think it is great but is there a charge for this stuff or can I go out & buy it on my own. Could you email me a list of things to buy?

16 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 4, 2011 at 1:32 am

Hi Nikki,
What I recommend is that you review the list shared on the blog post above and then choose items that are in your budget and that you and your child will enjoy trying out over the summer. You can add anything to your child’s bucket. Bubbles, fingerpaint, crayons, books, and more! A fun bucket or a bucket list is something that is made up and each person’s fun bucket will be unique.

17 Darcey June 5, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Clara is a lucky girl! I’m sure her summer will be lots of fun! These are all great ideas for any toddler. I’ve linked up to your post on my weekly favorites here: http://play2grow.blogspot.com/2011/06/weekly-favorites-for-june-5-2011.html

18 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. June 6, 2011 at 12:32 am

Thank you for the link-up! You are always so generous!

19 Cat August 11, 2011 at 2:56 am

wow, this is incredible!! Lucky little lady!!
Makes me sad summer is over for us…maybe I can start planning a Bucket List for next year!!

20 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. August 11, 2011 at 10:13 am

Sure – get a little head start on things:)

{ 2 trackbacks }