Postcard exchange 2011 update

by Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. on February 18, 2011

in Messages from Deborah

For those of you who are participating in the current postcard exchange, let me share a few updates that I have received by email and on facebook.

Going to the mailbox!

There are many of you who are really moving along and sending out your postcards! I am so excited about your participation and have enjoyed the feedback and photos sent to me.

The photos shared here today are from Tuggy Tots!

I have recieved a few emails from you all with some words you have asked me to share…

• Don’t forget that postcards going overseas will cost a little bit more in postage.
  • If you haven’t sent out any postcards yet – be sure to do so as everyone is anxiously waiting and many classes have big plans for integrating the postcards into their studies.
  • If you can possibly send postcards that have a picture of your state or city – it would be wonderful.
  • If you have decided not to participate for any reason, please email me so I can remove your school from the list but I sure hope everyone stays on board!

I really appreciate everyone for participating in the exchange and want to encourage you to do the best you can to get those postcards out. I know that some of you will be out of school for a week due to Spring Break – during this time, if you can still send out the postcards, this will keep the postcards flowing through the mail but I certainly understand if this is not possible for you.

Be sure to check the postcard exchange website (at the address and with the password you received in your email mail) for updates on addresses as just a few have changed.

Thank you so much to Tuggy Tots for sharing the darling photos of her students mailing the postcards and to all of you for your participation!

For those of you who were not able to participate in the exchange this go around – please note that sign-ups are closed at this time… Sorry about that :)

-Deborah Stewart on Google+ or Teach Preschool G+ Page

1 Cheryl Mendiola February 18, 2011 at 10:11 am

Thanks so much Deborah! My crew just loves mailing the cards as well as getting them in the mail. I hope everyone else is enjoying this great opportunity with their crew! Those little pirates are awesome…especially that little one ( g girl)

2 Deborah J. Stewart February 19, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I just love your photos – it lets me participate too:)

3 shar February 18, 2011 at 11:49 am

Thanks for the update Deborah :)

Here in Dubai we have just received 3 postcards (from California, Kansas and Newport). The children were very excited. As a class they dictated a response but can’t quite get their heads around having quite a small space to write in so it needs to be heavily edited :)

I will get the replies posted tomorrow. All of us are enjoying the exchange very much and I am getting some interesting questions. Thank you.

4 Deborah J. Stewart February 19, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Hurray! I love that you received three postcards!! You are right – a postcard doesn’t give much room for writing :)

5 Pam February 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Thanks so much for setting this up! Our kids are enjoying the postcard exchange as well. We’ve even put a large map up in the hallway and the postcards we’ve receive around this. (we also invited the elementary classrooms to come down and see where we’ve received postcards from as well!) It’s been a great activity for the whole preschool to participate in!

6 Deborah J. Stewart February 19, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I am so glad it is going well for you and I love how you have invited others to participate as well!

7 Cheryl Mendiola February 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Hello all…this is our second week of not receiving any post cards:( Are any of you? We have sent out four weeks so far, only to receive a few:(

8 Deborah J. Stewart February 22, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Hi Cheryl – I hope you receive more soon – keep us updated!

9 Cheryl Mendiola February 25, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Postcard update:
We didn’t get one post card all week:(
The crew …well they have waited all week. I feel like I am the only one NOT getting any…can anyone give me some feed back? Thanks:)

10 Deborah J. Stewart February 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I am so sorry they are having to wait – I can only assume everyone is sending out their cards in a timely manner. There is always delays in mail and how long things will take to be delivered too – especially since Monday was considered a national holiday. I hope that you will start to see more cards come soon! I really do!!

11 Songsak Pho-iam March 9, 2011 at 10:50 am

POSTCARD EXCHANGE
I’m interested in the postcard.

Songsak Pho-iam
11/2 M.2 T.Wangsala
A.Thamuang
Kanchanaburi
71110
Thailand

12 Cheryl Mendiola March 9, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Well, still no cards:( So I hope everyone else is having better luck. Is anyone even participating? Maybe next time.

13 Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. March 9, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Cheryl – I am so surprised to hear this and disappointed too. I just don’t know why you are not receiving any cards. I have heard both really good reports and some not so good but have no way of knowing who is doing what. I am so sorry about that. I will send out another reminder tomorrow though and hope that everyone comes through for you – or at least some folks do.

14 amber April 15, 2011 at 12:01 am

Deborah and Cheryl,

I am not signed up to participate in the post card exchange I just saw someones post on fb and thought i’d stop in and check it out. Just wanted to say that if Cheryl still is having no luck if you guys will message me the address i’ll send a post card from here in FL. right away I’m sure my little guy would love picking one out and I know how it is to have little ones waiting .