Update on my presentation at NAEYC in California

by Deborah J. Stewart, M.Ed. on November 6, 2010

in Conferences

Today, I had the opportunity to share my music with a wonderful group of early childhood educators at the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) annual conference in California. If you attended my conference today and this is your first time visiting my blog, I want to welcome you and let you know that the lyrics and music from my current CD is available for viewing and downloading but the words and music to my two new CD’s will not be available for at least another month.

I have loved my visit to California and sorry to have to leave so quickly but I head back to Indiana tomorrow!

A special thank you to Debbie Clement for coming to my presentation and singing with me and a special thanks to Karen Nemeth for also coming to my presentation and dancing along with me all around the room:)  Both of you are so fun and great support!

I will post some photos that I took and share a little bit about some of the concepts I learned in the near future!  Looking forward to next year NAEYC conference in Florida!!

Deborah

-Deborah Stewart on Google+ or Teach Preschool G+ Page

1 KM November 6, 2010 at 11:36 pm

What a fantastic experience!!! Congrats!!!!!

2 Deborah J. Stewart November 6, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Thank you!

3 Sherry and Donna November 7, 2010 at 5:34 am

Congratulations Deborah we here you workshop went extremely well!
Sherry and I have been reading up on the conference and would love to head over there one day. Who knows? … Stranger things have happened.
Donna :) :)

4 Ayn Colsh November 7, 2010 at 10:06 am

How exciting!!!!! Can’t wait to hear more and see pics! I’m definitely planning to go next year–hope y’all will be there, too!

5 Debbie Clement November 7, 2010 at 11:18 am

There are brilliant people. There are kind people. There are talented people. How often do you meet a brilliant, kind AND talented person? Deborah Jo is one in this very rare species. Imagine this. The room is packed from edge-to-edge, during the last presentation time on the last day of an event. This alone speaks volumes & volumes & volumes. I slip in to the available floor space with the other late-comers, as all the chairs are already taken. Yet our DJ “spots” me in the throng…… and then beckons me to share her well deserved spot-light. Before I can blink we are leading my song/book “Tall Giraffe” together. A dream come true — that I didn’t know I had. Brilliant, kind, talented fellow Deborah Jo, I thank you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. For your continued support & encouragement thru this challenging year. You are a rare breed & you deserve the limelight that’s glowing all around you & your efforts on behalf of children, EVERYwhere.

When I say EVERYwhere, I mean EVERYwhere. I was stopped after our impromptu duet (which turned into a quartet, due to the power of women and amazing serendipitous blinks from heaven) by a professional from CHINA, asking if I would be willing to come share my Giraffe with her children — as she seeks author/illustrator types in her international school. Deborah I knew your kindness had changed my life, over the past several months…… just imagine how your latest act of generosity could CHANGE my life by earning me a passport?

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you,
Deborah Jo

6 Deborah J. Stewart November 8, 2010 at 1:18 am

And I hope you earn that passport to China because you deserve the trip and they will be most blessed to have you come. Singing with our little quartet was a highlight of my evening and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity when I saw you in the room:) Thank you Debbie for writing me here – I am truly blessed as well!